Cracking the shell of whiteness
by Jay Knott
- At 7 p.m. tonight there will be a film showing and discussion on “Power Privilege and Difference,” at the First United Methodist Church (the copper top church), 230 E. Skyline Parkway.
- At 6:15 p.m. Tuesday there will be the first in a series of weekly meetings called “Cracking the Shell of Whiteness” at Peace Church, 1111 N. 11th Ave.
- At 5:30 p.m. Wednesday and 10 a.m. Thursday, there will be a discussion called “New Conversations About Race” at City Center West, 5830 Grand Ave.
- At 2 p.m. Feb. 16 the conversation will be about “Uncovering Myths That Support Racism” in Room 520 at the Duluth Public Library, 520 W. Superior St.
- At 6 p.m. Feb. 16, Tim Wise will speak on the topic, “White Like Me: Reflections on Race,” at the Kirby Ballroom on the University of Minnesota Duluth campus.
The university has sprung a leak, and the sewage is flowing down Main Street.
This is my critique of Wise's book "White Like Me":